Friday, October 5, 2007

23 Things Assignment #3

I got stuck initially, as I didn't realize right away that not all feeds are updated hourly, daily or even weekly! While it may seem obvious to the ones in the know, for some of us it was something to figure out...

Not sure how I feel about the whole thing...I can see how it can be useful, but I need more time to decide how useful it is for me. For now it looks more like too much information and one more thing to keep track of, but I keep a positive outlook.

Other than Library Journal, I have chosen ArtDeadlines List, CBC/Arts News and Eyebeam reBlog. The first one seems most useful for me, the second too much info and the third pretty interesting and OK to check just from time to time.

For those who took part in the poll: yes, it's Polanski who wasn't born in Lodz. His birthplace is Paris, France (1933). His connection to Lodz is that he attended famous Lodz Film School. By the way, did you know that he declined the opportunity to direct "Schindler's List", but made "The Pianist" afterwards?

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I didn't know that Polanski turned down Schindler's List. I haven't seen either movie as anything remotely touching on the holocaust reduces me to jelly instantly. (The Pianist is the one with Adrian Brody, right?)

Gordana said...

Yes, that's right, that is the one...

23 Things Staff said...

Great post. I like to hear why people select the RSS feeds they do.